11 Great Ways to Make Someone Smile
This is sort of a follow up to yesterday’s, . Not everyone wishes to go the joking route and it’s always nice to make someone smile. Here are eleven ways that you can make someone happy and spread some cheer no matter what time of year it is. Just for a little insight, these work on people that you know but some work even better on a stranger. It’s worth it to see the surprised look on their face!
2) Open a door.
3) Say a nice thing to them. Surely you can think of one nice thing to say… nice hair, nice scarf, nice toenails… whatever.
4) Snort. See, for people with a sense of humor, this can actually make them laugh.
5) Offer to share your snack.
6) Ask if they need anything if you go out to get something. This probably applies to someone who you know as otherwise it might seem a bit strange!!
7) Do something silly – like accidentally-on-purpose bump into something or fall over (without hurting yourself). This works nicely on kids.
Give a small surprise present.
9) Send a card. Okay, so you won’t see them smile but it will and you can imagine it instead. It’s the thought that counts right?
10) Invite someone over for a meal or a snack.
11) Perform a simple act of kindness. Depending on the situation, there can be plenty of them. Stringing a guitar, shoveling a pathway, helping someone up after falling… there are loads.
These might only seem like small things, and for sure they don’t apply to everyone, but they really do bring a smile to someone’s face – unless that person is slightly on the contrary side. It’s nice to put in the effort though!