15 Reasons Why Elephants Should be in the Fire Brigade
It occurred to me the other day just how useful elephants would be if they were in the fire brigade. Personally, I am surprised they are not already in use and also a little shocked. So I write this article to spread the word….anyone for a petition??
- They have a natural hose.
- They are tall so can reach up to pluck cats from trees
- Their trunks are dextrous so can curl around people in burning buildings and pull them to safety
- They are big so could just stand under second story windows and people can jump down easily
- No need for a fire engine, the fire fighters can all just jump on the back
- Elephants make a trumpeting sound so no need for a siren.
- No cars are going stay in the way of a stampeding elephant!
- They are very strong so can easily lift things (for example in traffic accidents caused by a stampeding elephant).
- Could wear a very large hat and be the mascot (it’d certainly be unique)
- Good for public image (apart from the stampeding) as kids would love it!
- They are used to heat, coming from hot countries
- Petrol prices are so high right now and peanuts are cheap.
- Volunteers would come in to do all the caring for it as it’d be a great novelty (forget spending a day at the stables!)
- It’d give back to the community in fertiliser (no farms? convert a generator to work off methane and you have bundles of free energy…a great saver)
- Increase in revenue in the whole town as a tourist attraction!
Hopefully from this you can see why YOUR town needs to add an elephant to it’s fire brigade…plus they’re just so darn cute.