10 Excuses for Not Cleaning the Dishes
10 humorous excuses for avoiding cleaning the dishes.
Image via Wikipedia
You just had a delicious dinner. Your responsibily was to clean the dishes after the meal. Your mother had to leave after dinner to run an important errand. When she returned, she noticed that the dishes were still messy. She looked angry and asked why you hadn’t cleaned the dishes. Here are ten excuses for not doing your job:
1. I was temporarily possessed to watch Sponge Bob Square Pants.
2. I just polished my nails. You wouldn’t want me to ruin my beautiful nails?
3. I had to work on my homework. I have a big math test tomorrow.
4. It’s George’s turn to clean the dishes. I know that George is only six years old, but he can do it if he tries.
5. The dishes are clean. I just used dirty water. We really need a plumber to come over our house and examine our sink
6. I’m saving the dishes for the next day. Don’t worry, I’ll get to them soon. It’s not like they’re piling up to the ceiling.
7. I’ve just gotten the two hour bug. I feel so sick. What’s that? You are not buying this. Well I’ve also developed a sudden allergic reaction over dish detergent.
8. I like dirty, messy dishes. I can see my guilty reflection while looking at this glass dish with the mashed potatoes caked on the edges.
9. I hate cleaning dishes. I hate doing laundry. It’s all a conspiracy. I’m going to move out of the house and live in a monastery.
10. You know the old nursery rhyme, “The dish ran away from the spoon?” Well I’ve run away from the dishes. Aren’t I clever?