Christmas Gift Ideas: What to Give Someone You Don’t Like
What to give someone you don’t like for Christmas. Which Christmas gift will say happy Christmas but not so happy, or good will but a little bad will as well.
When you have to give something for Christmas but don’t really want to.
Christmas gift ideas for people you don’t like.
Although this is a tongue in cheek article about what to buy people for Christmas if you can’t stand them, it does actually happen that you have to get a gift to someone that you don’t like, and sometimes you want to give them a gift but at the same time let them know subconsciously that you don’t really mean them good will! So here are some ideas on what to get that one un-special person in your life.
1. Don’t give them any Christmas gift at all. What could be more obvious, but if you don’t want to be soooo obvious then tell them you did buy them a gift but it got lost, got eaten by the dog, got stood on, got left in the shop, got given to someone else by mistake, got broken or stolen.
2. Give them a recycled gift, I don’t mean an Eco-friendly gift but a gift you received and didn’t like and want to get rid of. Pass along one of your unwanted gifts from last year. If you want to be really cruel don’t even re-wrap it, just patch up the original gift paper with loads of tape.
3. A large ugly picture or statue which has to be displayed on the mantel or in the living area. This way every time you visit them you will have the pleasure of asking “where is that beautiful painting I gave you?”
4. Give the gift of deodorant, I don’t mean smelly soaps or perfumes but actual everyday common deodorant. This will send a pungent message to the recipient.
Image via Wikipedia
5. Give your enemy a gift relating to their down falls be it a diet book, anger management tapes, hair color, hair treatment for greasy hair, anti-nail biting stuff or deodorant for feet.
6. Give the gift of concert tickets to a group you know your “friend” doesn’t like.
7. Give the gifts you would hate to get, perhaps socks, underpants or a tie.
8.To show that you really don’t care, don’t wrap the Christmas gift at all. Give your Christmas gift in the plastic bag from the store you bought it in.
9. Tell your “friend” I didn’t give you a gift because I thought it would be best if we go out together and you choose what you want. Then never go out!
10. For Christmas give your un-special person jewelry which is obviously fake but put it in expensive wrapping and in a jeweler’s bag and insist that it is the real thing.
I hope these give you some interesting ideas for alternative Christmas gifts to give to people you feel no good will towards.
If you would like to write online articles and make some cash try joining Triond!