Weird and Wonderful Facts: 10 to Get You Started
We all love the weird and the wonderful, don’t we? It is something that most of us look for in the news, papers and of course on the internet. Here are 10 weird and wonderful facts for you.
I love anything weird, just call me a weirdo… i don’t mind. By finding out weird and wonderful facts, we get to know about things that we would never have known otherwise. Weird facts is not a lesson at school, you just pick them up throughout your life, and ultimately when you are feeling very very bored..
Well, here are 10 weird and wonderful facts that you probably did not know: ( And if you do, you will know twice now!)
1. First up, only one in every two billion people, will live to be over 115. Not great odds is it?
2. In the English language, not one word rhymes with the word- month.
3. Did you know that the electric chair, used to sentence people to death, was in fact invented by a dentist? Who’s first then to sit in the dentist’s chair?
4. Pizza eaten by Americans, equates to over 18 acres per day. That’s a hell of a lot of pizza!
5. Around 100 people choke to death every year. The cause is ball point pens. Hmm… weird indeed. Just don’t get how they manage it.
6. A hurricane will in just 10 minutes, release more energy than every single one of the world’s nuclear weapons- combined. Powerful huh?
7. Each day there are 20 banks robbed, with the average being taken only $2,500.
8. Did you know that most lipstick contains fish scales? Sounds pretty disgusting to me!
9. Here’s a strange one for you. Nearly 2500 left handed people every year are killed because they are using products made for right handed people.
10. Finally, the longest flight of a chicken has been recorded at a mighty 13 seconds.
I told you they were weird!