10 Reasons Technology Will be Our Downfall
A list of the 10 reasons I think technology will be our demise.
(This list is written in no particular order. It is not intended to offend or discriminate against anyone.)
10. The medical industry comes out with new ways to save lives every day. That seems like a wonderful thing. But when you factor in the experementation that has to take place, the cost, and the possiblilty it can actually just make things even worse, the benifits don’t outweigh the risks. Pills are prescribed in massive quantities to people with the promise their problems will be solved. In reality, they lead to another problem, requireing more treatments.
9. Things like Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter take control of peoples lives. Once you start, generally you are addicted. Soon, people will live their entire lives on the internet. No interaction between other people will be nessicary.
8. The current generation of kids and teenagers is totally into technology, but not into what makes it work or how to fix it. When the youth of today becomes the parents of tomorrow, who will fix the internet or the TV when the people that know how to are long gone?
7. Electronic devices will one day take control of everything we once did. There will be no such thing as gardners or housekeepers, all the jobs that were once done by humans will be taken over by machines.
6. Familys are already being torn apart by technology. Parents don’t understand Facebook and texting, and the youth are pretty much experts. Young kids sit infront of the TV all day or play video games while their parents are at work trying to pay for their fancy TV’s that they rarely have time to watch.
5. Eventually, almost all information will be kept in a digital format. But what happens if a peice of literature accidently gets “deleted”? Paper books can be distroyed, sure. But there is usually more than one copy of a book. You could argue that the information could be “backed up” but that still doesn’t mean it’s failure proof.
4. Weapons become more and more advanced every day. We’ve gone from throwing rocks, to deadly biological weapons. We have the power to kill everyone on the planet many times over, and even a few more times after that. In the furture, resources will be scarce and every political power in the world will be pitted against eachother, the only question is who will fire first?
3. Humans are too dependent on technology to go back now. We can’t survive without things like air conditioning and electricity. If we were forced to go hunt for our food and live in the wilderness we would be totally lost.
2. The entertainment of today is of no real value. Every action movie relies solely on special effects and computer graphics. There is no such thing as a true movie with just actors and the plot, it’s all fancy and glittery.
1. All the music artists, movie producers, and computer programmers will soon be out of a job. Piracy is big, meaning people that really do work hard to produce something they deserve to be rewarded for, get no reward. Movies can be uploaded for everyone to download for free in a matter of clicks.
In writing this list, I have nothing against technology. I think it’s a wonderful thing. We have come along way from the stone ages and for that we should be proud. What we shouldn’t be proud of is how we have let our socieity today form around technology. Every day we come up with a new technology that makes the old one slow and obsolete, by doing this we both deplete out resources, and also pollute our envoirment with mounds of antequated technology. I hope that someday, we will atleast look back and admire the simple times when things weren’t so advanced.