Time Machine, Three Trips: Where Would You Go?
Researchers speculate that, in a model theory, time travel is possible – the theory is set out in the following link:-
The possibilities would be endless – so why not take the opportunity to stretch your imagination for a few minutes.
There are no right or wrong answers, everyone comes up with different answers, and it can give a revealing insight into a persons’ personality and interests
These are the rules:
- You can choose just three times / places to visit
- Your visits must be back in time (not forward)
- You can only observe from a safe distance (a fly on the wall view) – you cannot interact or change events
- You cannot use the visits to achieve personal wealth – only to gain knowledge / experience of historical events / characters
- Visits must be to earth (and it’s moon) only and you cannot go back to any point prior to the existence of the fully formed planet Earth
- Your time machine can be programmed to visit a specified event / person – even if you don’t have an exact date
After much deliberation, these are my top three choices:
1 – The Demise of the Dinosaurs
Read more in Offbeat« False News #1: Banana Powered CarNine Most Unusual and Weird Deaths Around the World »
My time machine would take me to a time of apocalypse.
What killed off such a successful, varied species who had dominated the planet for 160 million years?
Here are just a few of the great many theories regarding the demise of the dinosaurs
- The collision of a large meteor with the earth
- Extreme volcanic / super volcano activity
- A reduction in volcanic activity, which led to dramatic climate change (planetary cooling) and significantly reduced oxygen levels
- Bizarre and disadvantageous genetic mutations
- A magnetic pole flip
- An increase in earth’s gravity and reduced oxygen levels
It is the last theory which is of particular interest, and one which many people may not have even heard of.