Random Facts That Make You Seem Smart
Use these to impress your friends with your mega knowledge.
- Children grow faster in the spring.
- The U.S. has never lost a war in which mules were used.
- The plastics caps at the end of your shoelaces are called aglets.
- Plants run fevers when they are sick.
- Lightning bolts are two inches wide.
- The average human will eat 8 spiders in their lifetime at night.
- Women blink almost twice as much as men.
Keeping a goldfish in a dark room will turn it white.
The names of the continents all end with the same letter they start with.
- Your stomach must produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks or else it will digest itself.
- The dot over the letter “I” is called a tittle.
- A duck’s quack won’t echo
- Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn’t wear pants.
- The first bomb dropped on Berlin by the Allies in World War II killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
- Bruce Lee’s moves were so fast; they had to slow down the movie when filming him.
- Bats always turn left when they exit a cave.
- Coca-Cola was originally green.
- Coca-Cola originally contained cocaine.
- Men can read smaller print than women, but women can hear better.
- Every day more money is printed for Monopoly than the U.S. treasury.
- Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.
- The youngest pope was 11 years old.
- The world’s youngest parents were 8 and 9 and lived in China.
- 111,111,111X111,111,111= 12,345,678,987,654,321.
- Half of all Americans live within 50 miles of their birthplace.
- If you spelled out all the numbers, the first one to have an “a” in it is one thousand.
- Honey is the only food that doesn’t spoil.
- 60% of statistics are made up.
- Banging your head on a wall for an hour burns 150 calories.
- A typist’s fingers travel over 12.5 miles in an average day.
- The first non-human to win an Oscar was Mickey Mouse.
- Pi has been calculated to over 2,260,321,363 digits.
- A can of SPAM is opened every four seconds.
- An ostrich egg takes four hours to boil.
- On an average day, a four year old will ask 437 questions.
- Every year the moon moves .5 inches away from Earth.
- There are only 18 countries richer than Bill Gates.