November Trivia & Weird Facts
Really diverse and interesting facts about the month of November.
Have you ever wondered about the month of November, stuck between the delicious colorful Fall month of October and the blustery holiday wonderland of December?
Probably not, you say! Shame on you good friend of trivia articles and internet searcher, of obscure and outlandish information, read on and become an expert on the month of November.
Forthwith are 25 unusual facts about the month of November!
- November is one of 4 months in the Gregorian Calendar that has 30 days
- November comes from the Latin word root “novem”, which means nine. It was originally the 9th month in the Roman Calendar.
- In Finland they call November “marraskuu” which translates as “month of the dead”
- November is National Tobacco Awareness Month
- November is National Beard Month
- November 1st is celebrated in many Christian churches as All Saints Day
- The birthstone for November in Topaz
- Do you know which U S President was assassinated in November?
John F. Kennedy
- U S President Abraham Lincoln gave a famous speech in November 1863 that became known as The Gettysburg Address
- Do you know the end of which World War started the November 11th Veterans Day Celebration? WWI
- President Polk and President Harding were both born on November 2nd, but 70 years apart!
- The Saxons called November – “Blood Month”, because they sacrificed many animals to their gods in that month so legends say
- The one an only Winston Churchill, Prime Minster of England was born November 30.1874.
- World War I ended on the 11th day of the 11th month (November) at 11PM, in 1918
- The dictator Francisco Franco died November 20, 1975
- The infamous Berlin Wall began to come down on November 9, 1989
- The first women police officers began working in Britain on November 27th, 1914
- On November 5th 1935, Parker Brothers introduced the game Monopoly to the world
- November 5th, 1959 the National Football league was formed with 8 teams: the Houston Oilers, New York Titans, Buffalo Bills, Boston Patriots, Los Angeles Chargers, Dallas Texans, Oakland Raiders, and Denver Broncos
- November is World Kindness Day
- On November 13th 1952 the first press-on fingernails were sold
- November 17th is National Take A Hike Day
- On November 22nd, 1957 Simon & Garfunkel performed on the “American Bandstand” Show as “Tom & Jerry”. Bet ya never knew that one?
- November 18th, 1963 Bell Telephone Company introduced to the public the push button phone
- The flower that represents November is the Chrysanthemum.