Random Facts and Unbelievable Facts That You Never Knew
Random facts and unbelievable facts which you ever knew. Strange facts indeed. Think you know it all. Well, you really don’t.
Update 10/01/2010: Have you ever heard about a mental condition called Hoarding? It is strange and unbelievable what hoarding can do to your house. Here are some shocking Hoarding pictures
Update 10/08/2010: I just saw an excellent article by Alistir Briggs. I thought It would interest you. Click here for 50 Random facts that you never knew. Visit his article for more interesting articles.
- The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as a substitute for blood plasma.
- No piece of paper can be folded in half more than seven (7) times.
- Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.
- You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television.
- The first product to have a bar code was Wrigley’s gum.
- The King of Hearts is the only king without a mustache.
- American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one (1) olive from each salad served in first-class.
- Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise. (Since Venus is normally associated with women,what does this tell you!)
- Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning.
- Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin.
- The first owner of the Marlboro Company died of lung cancer.So did the first “Marlboro Man.”
- Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
- Pearls melt in vinegar.
- The three most valuable brand names on earth:
- Coca Cola
- It is possible to lead a cow upstairs… but, not downstairs.
- A duck’s quack doesn’t echo, and no one knows why.
- Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least six (6) feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush. (I keep my toothbrush in the living room now!)
- Richard Millhouse Nixon was the first U.S. president whose name contains all the letters from the word “criminal.”
The second? William Jefferson Clinton
- And the best for last… Turtles can breathe through their butts.
Here are some moreInteresting facts we all know but…
Random facts 1. MOPED is the short term for ‘Motorized Pedaling’.
Random facts 2. POP MUSIC is ‘Popular Music’ shortened.
Random facts 3. BUS is the short term for ‘Omnibus’ that means everybody.
Random facts 4. FORTNIGHT comes from ‘Fourteen Nights’ (Two Weeks).
Random facts 5. DRAWING ROOM was actually a ‘withdrawing room’ where people withdrew after Dinner. Later the prefix ‘with’ was dropped..
Random facts 6. NEWS refers to information from Four directions N, E, W and S..
Random facts 7. AG-MARK, which some products bear, stems from ‘Agricultural Marketing’.
Random facts 8. JOURNAL is a diary that tells about ‘Journey for a day’ during each Day’s business.
Random facts 9. QUEUE comes from ‘Queen’s Quest’. Long back a long row of people as waiting to see the Queen. Someone made the comment Queen’s Quest..
Random facts 10. TIPS come from ‘To Insure Prompt Service’. In olden days to get Prompt service from servants in an inn, travelers used to drop coins in a Box on which was written ‘To Insure Prompt Service’. This gave rise to the custom of Tips.
Random facts 11. JEEP is a vehicle with unique Gear system. It was invented during World War II (1939-1945). It was named ‘General Purpose Vehicle (GP)’.GP was changed into JEEP later.
Random facts 12. Coca-Cola was originally green.
Random facts 13. The most common name in the world is Mohammed..
Random facts 14. The name of all the continents end with the same letter that they start with.
Random facts 15. The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
Random facts 16. TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row ! of the keyboard.
Random facts 17. Women blink nearly twice as much as men!!
Random facts 18. You can’t kill yourself by holding your breath.
Random facts 19. It is impossible to lick your elbow.
Random facts 20.. People say “Bless you” when you sneeze because when you sneeze, your heart stops for a millisecond.
Random facts 21. It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
Random facts 22. The “sixth sick sheik’s sixth sheep’s sick” is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language.
Random facts 23. Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history. Spades – King David Clubs – Alexander the Great, Hearts – Charlemagne Diamonds – Julius Caesar.
Random facts 24. Horse Statue in a Parkâ?¦ If a statue of a person in the park on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle. If the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle If the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.
Random facts 25. What do bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laser printers all have in common? Ans. – All invented by women.
Random facts 26. A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
Random facts 27. A snail can sleep for three years.
Random facts 28. All polar bears are left handed.
Random facts 29. Butterflies taste with their feet.
Random facts 30. Elephants are the only animals that can’t jump.
Random facts 31. In the last 4000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.
Random facts 32. On average, people fear spiders more than they do death.
Random facts 33. Shakespeare invented the word ‘assassination’ and ‘bump’.
Random facts 34. Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand.
Random facts 35. The ant always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.
Random facts 36. The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
Random facts 37. The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet.
Random facts 38. Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over million descendants.
Random facts 39. Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.
Random facts 40. If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.
Random facts 41. The cigarette lighter was invented before the matchbox.
Random facts 42. Most lipstick contains fish scales.