- Red blood cells are produced in the red marrow of the bones but in fetus, red blood cells are formed in the liver and spleen.
- About 1,700 quarts or 1,600 liters of blood pass through a person’s kidneys each day.
- The right lung with 3 lobes is slightly larger than the left lung with only two lobes.
- The heart beats about 3,000,000,000 times during a 70-year life-time.
- Small and large intestines combined when distended has a total of 28 ft. long.
- The tongue gives some indication of the presence of certain disorders elsewhere in the body.
- The brain of a male is fully grown by the 20th year. Female is somewhat earlier. At the age of 20, the brain loses about one gram (0.04 ounce) of weight per year.
- The Blood
Blood/red blood cells/plasma/platelets
- Average adult has 8 to 12 pints (3.8 to 5.7 liters) of blood and can lose one pint (1.47 liter) without danger.
- The blood has a distinctive odor and salty taste and the body produces between 2,000,000 to 10,000,000 new red blood cells each second.
- Red blood cells can be stored frozen and remain usable for up to 10 years.
- Whole blood red blood cells can be stored under refrigeration for up to 6 weeks.
- A normal count of red blood cells for man per cubic milliliter is 5 million and 4.5 million for woman. When the count is lower the person is anemic.
- Plasma can be frozen and stored for up to one year.
- Platelets are stored at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- The color of the eyes
- Every person has one principal gene for eye color. A gene that codes for a large amount of melanin within the iris generally produces brown eyes.
- A gene that codes for no melanin in the front layer and a small amount in the black layer generally produces blue eyes
- Other genes can affect the amount of distribution of melanin resulting in such colors as green or gray. Because of this modifying effect a child with two blue-eyed parents can have brown eyes
0. Soy beans, eggs and liver are good food in improving one’s memory, regulating moods and controlling body movements
11. The smallest group or tribe of man are the pygmies of Congo
For more amazing facts about the human body see;